Message Box

24 October 2008

Re: wiki.ubuntu.com license

Nick,
    See http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ for the licensing information on the documentation team.  UWN has no CC tag at the bottom of the page.  Other than that, I have no idea what the "policy" is on the wiki pages.  BTW, I'm of the opinion, and have been ever since I became a webmaster for a company, that if it's on the web, it's gone.  You no longer have control over it.  I did it on my blog.  and there are various ways to do it.  For example, mine includes "No Commercial" in it, as well as ability to modify and share alike.  That doesn't mean that commercial outfits can't quote it.  What it means is that they can't use it as a way of making money.

Nick Ali wrote:
Matthew East wrote:    
What I'd suggest is that the UWN (subject to the consent of its authors) puts CC-BY-SA 3.0 license terms on it (but not the whole wiki), and the same for the Fridge.     
 Sounds good to me.  John and Craig?  nick    

No comments: